ANST - Thanks for reply

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:43:50 PST 1999

Heilsa Othar...and all Divers others that Read These Words....

You wrote this:
>Greetings Revered Earl Marshall Kief, Knights, and Readers of the
Lists,
>Othar here.
>
>   I and many other fighters who were unable to attend the War Colleges
and
>practices thank you for the posting of the decisions on discussed
topics
>from the Chivalry list.  We also understand that the official place for
>changes to fighting rules is in the Black Star publication.

Ya...'tis so... I will strive to get all such changes published in a
timely manner... We _are_ all in this together....*grin*

>We also
>appreciate hearing the changes in person at an event, where questions
and
>clarifications can be addressed immediately.

True enough... Information yearns to be free...to fly with wings of
purest sound... To Ring from the curtain walls of every Keep in the
Land... As well, the feedback we all receive from the fighters of the
Kingdom help us judge whether we've done a good job or or full of it....

>We also have heard that there
>is a new Fighter's Handbook in the works, and are wondering how much
>populous input there will be before the new rules are enacted.  Also,
how
>should this input be delivered: by list discussion, in person at
events,
>snail mail, phone, through our local marshals, or some other medium?

The New Fighters Handbook (tm) will be, quite simply, a re-hash of all
the rules changes made in the past 4 years... As well, we may need to
adjust our basic standards to coincide with the new Society wide
standards that will be issued by HG Comar in the near future... There
will be no "earth-shaking-changes"... You can find all the various
changes that will be made to the Handbook by reading the pages of the
past Black Stars... (Then, of course, the Rapier community is awaiting
_their_ new Society guidelines.... We are all hoping for the best...!!)
I will strive to publish a Rough Draft of the new Handbook as soon as
it's formulated... (NOT before Gulf War for CERTAIN...!)

>Again, to you Sir Kief, and the many other knights who have responded,
thanks.

'Tis cool, my Good and True Friend...

>Othar Morganson

Waes Thu Hael neighbor