ANST - Feast regulations?

Crescentia _ crescentia3 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 27 17:11:40 PST 1999

The tofu talk has made me curious in a related issue.  Say,
hypothetically speaking, a Feastocrat decided to serve some form of tofu
dish because tofu is undoubtedly period in certain geographical regions.
Now, would that make the rest of the feast have to revolve around that
time period/geographical location?  What exactly are the stated
guidelines for planning an event's feast?  Is it merely accepted form,
or is it a rule, to take a region and a time period and serve something
that might have been served then?  Say, instead, you wanted to serve a
13th c. Spanish feast, and include tofu as a part of it.  Can you say,
"Well, it's possible--" (and perhaps make up a story of a cousin who
traveled to a far-off place and came back with soybeans and a tofu
recipe) or do you have to actually have documentation about the
recipes/ingredients used; or at least get respectably close to what
would have been fixed? Or is it done for continuity; or is it merely
something to do to prevent nits from being picked? ^_^

-Crescentia