ANST - garb question

kevin gatewood thosepeople at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 4 08:06:56 PST 1999

Unless I am wrong,(& please correct me if I am. I just hate walking
around with egg on my face & not knowing it:)most early period female
garl incorporated pants of some sort. I do know that ALL Eastern, &
Middle Eastern garb would not be considered complete without pants. This
is in keeping with the religious doctrines pertaining to modesty.

What about possibly Early Celtic? Any info, anyone?

HL Bonnie
Namron, Anst.

>We have introduced a teenaged girl into the SCA recently.  She is
looking for a culture/persona that will allow her to wear pants, rather
than dresses, as she is more comfortable in them.  Can you please
suggest a time/place where ladies did wear pants?  She is not interested
in a male persona.

>Thank you, Caitliin

Texas