ANST - Pig Farming

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 5 07:26:18 PST 1999

> I see here in my Black Star that His Royal Highness has proclaimed that
> during his reging that Pig Farming would heretofore be considered a Noble
> Profession.  Being the only other full-time pig-farmer in Ansteorra that I
> know of, I want to know what type of noble that makes us.
>
> (I started to ask what "rank" of noble that would be, but I saw where that
> would go before it even came out of the keyboard...)
>
> One of those Noble Pig Farmers...
>

> Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)
>
> ::GUNNORA::

Ah, I see where the fair Gunnora has had a difficulty translating Ansteorran to
her native Swedish. Those who engage in the honored act of raising pigs are
engaged in a noble act, this does not make them nobles.

The decree is to simply remind everyone that all of those who raise the animal
sacred to the Swede should be viewed as great craftspeople who cultivate and
nurture the greatest gift God bestowed to His people, swine.

As for "rank" well, stand downwind of a good pig farm and the rank of its owner
will be known to all. Ah, but we do tend to put on airs.

I do apologize for the confusion. I hope this has made it clear enough for even
the Finnish to understand.

Yours,

Gunthar
Prince

(Farm the pigs? I don't farm them, I OWN them!)