ANST - answer

Trish McCurdy ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:39:28 PST 1999

"i know you mailed me privatly, but i chose to answer you publicly so
all
can see what i wrote and why. if not for the fact some one would start
talking how rude i was to you, i would have answered you privatly. i
don't care if people talk bad about me, as long as i earn it. and i'm
sure some will talk of this any way.km"

Good Gentle,

I am sure that your objectives and motives in posting this to a public
forum were carefully considered, however, I for one have been made to
feel very uncomfortible.

In a Society based upon Courtesy and Chivalry, actions often speak much
more powerfully than words.

The basic concepts of Chivalry are entertained around the concept of
protecting those that are weaker than oneself.  All Gentlemen are
supposed to be strong and of valour, all Ladies delicate and beautiful
(except when they are in armour and then they are dangerous and
beautiful :)...)

When reading the above posted letter, I was only made to feel sadness
and embarassment.  I cannot recall meeting either of you, although I am
very new to this Kingdom, but I must say that my sympathies went towards
the Lady, as it is often easy to misunderstand or state incorrect by
written word.  I will say it is a much more encouraged tactic to day
"your words hurt my feelings, or I may have misunderstood your intent."

I wish not to hurt your feelings, only to enlighten you about mine,
being an innocent bystander, who looks to this list for fun and
entertainment.

In service to the Dreams.

Larissa