ANST - Extra Armor and Stuff....

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Jan 14 07:45:32 PST 1999

The biggest barrier to getting a new fighter out on the
field is the helm, as they generally are the most expensive
acquisition when one is beginning armored fighting.   If
someone isn't interested in fighting regularly, a helm will
be relatively low on their prospective SCA expenditures.

One of the things that we could do, to increase the number
of folk who can man/woman seige engines,  is to inventory
our armor bags and see what extra items of minimal armor we
happen to have.  Me...I have none, as I'm barely armored
myself.   I have one friend who has mentioned that she is
interested...but...no armor.  If we could loan armor to
people who are going to Gulf War and who are interested in
fighting to "white diamond" level, then we could swell our
ranks.  Further, if we get more of our rapier crowd out on
the Armored field as actual combatants, we could add some
very deadly spearmen/women.

If we can get "loaner" equipment to people early enough
prior to the war, they could work on getting the helms, etc,
properly adjusted for their use, and get used to wearing
them.  Here my ignorance will show... do white diamond
people need to have normal heavy fighting authorization...or
is there some secondary level of authorization?  Whichever
the case, if we could match people up soon enough, then we
could get that taken care of, also.

Ly. Isobel Hadleigh
Bjornsborg