ANST - Manx Garb

Spatsman at aol.com Spatsman at aol.com
Mon Jan 18 20:20:47 PST 1999

Slainte, gang!

Just a curiousity, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or sources
for early Manx garb, especially for women 1000-1200 AD.
I have had suggestions for Irish, Viking, and Norman garb with island celt
influences, but these suggestions are based on guesswork, not research.
I am aware that McClintlocks "Early Irish and Highland Dress" contains some
notes concerning Manx fashion, but since its been out of date for forty years,
I'm having a bigle of a time finding it.
Here's hoping someone out there can turn me toward an answer.
Fionnagan