ANST - Artillery

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:52:17 PST 1999

To every Ansteorran who wants to kick Trimaran butt this March:

We need to get everybody who cares if we win trained in using artillery.
We don't just need weapon crews, we need crew spares.  We need lots of
people, even those who don't normally work with siege weapons, so they
can replace casualties among the regular crewmembers and keep the
weapons in action longer.

During the fort battles, at least the first half, the siege weapons are
the most important part of the army.  If they do a good enough job, they
can thin out the opposing numbers enough to practically guarantee
victory.  But we have to have enough operators and ammunition to keep
them going.  The more we have, the better our chances of victory.  And
if you work on the siege weapons, you'll at least have something to do
while you wait for the order to attack - with enough people we can work
in shifts, so nobody gets too tired to climb the ramps.

Between now and the War, I will be crusing around the kingdom as well as
I can.  I will be hitting as many events as the condition of my van will
allow, and I will bring my toys with me.  Even if you don't want to be
an engineer, if you want Ansteorra to win at the fort, come out and
learn something about artillery.  See how to make ammunition.   Train a
bit and then go home and make some weapons and ammo.  Or at least some
ammo.  We need all we can get.  Do it not for glory or reputation, but
for the kingdom.  Or what the heck, do it for glory and reputation, as
long as it gets done and Ansteorra wins.

      Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra