ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

Connie Carroll Connie.Bunny at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 20 14:25:18 PST 1999

> Since my family (and I'm sure many others) just learned yesterday of
> the lack of cabin space (although we are sure that our reservations
> should have made it to the steward with time to spare concerning
> cabin space), we haven't made any attempt at putting our names in
> the hat concerning camping space.  I had assumed, when they cashed
> our check, that we had made the cabin-space race.
>
> Now we're having to scrap major plans concerning packing, and we
> don't have a reservation on the tent space in Ansteorra.

> jerryn at sprintmail.com -  Jerry Norris - Houston, Texas USA

I spoke with the head autocrat this evening and I'm still frustrated.
He told me this decision for giving first choice to the Royals has
been for the past several years. He said this year was the first time
the Royals from many Kingdoms requested cabin space. I pointed out to
him that this was not written anywhere on the flyer and it should
have. He agreed it wasn't in the flyer and made it plain they had no
intention of doing so now or in the future.

When I spoke of my check being cashed and I have not received the
Gulf Wars packet he seemed surprised. I know about the cabin spaces
from on the people in my party who got her packet. We all sent in our
reservations together as have done for the past 7 Gulf Wars and they
arrived on Dec 1. I didn't make threats but I had talked to the Post
office and was told that this does qualify as mail fraud since the
checks were cashed especially since they wanted us to come there to
get our refunds. Lord John says that if you want your refunds earlier
you can request them, they were keeping them so everyone would be
pre-registered for Gulf Wars. not much comfort to me.

On a funny(?) note, He said he knew one of our party was "some
Countess Kassandra person" Nice to know my former Kingdom doesn't
know who their first Queen was.

Countess Kassandra NickKraken
JUST CALL ME MISTRESS BUNNY