ANST - Looking for some info

Fri Jan 22 18:13:19 PST 1999

bar·on·et (bàr¹e-nît, bàr´e-nèt¹) noun
1.	A man holding a British hereditary title of honor reserved for
commoners, ranking immediately below the barons and above all orders of
knighthood except the Garter.
2.	Also BaronetAbbr. Bart., Bt.. Used as the title for such a man.
[Middle English, diminutive of baron, baron. See BARON.]

> I have a simple question and I hope someone has a simple answer.  I came
> across a term called a "baronet", is it a low ranking title or what?
> About the only thing I know is that the title was used around
> 1150-1250.  Could anyone shed some light on this for me?
>
> 	Alric Descors

The title is still in use.  In 1972, I met a baronet in the Yukon playing
rickey-tick piano for a musical review.

Bear