ANST - Tandy Leather Closing

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Wed Jan 27 07:48:32 PST 1999

> From: jhartel <jhartel at net-link.net>
> Subject: ANST - Tandy Leather heads up!
>
> Hey folks,
> Got this from an acquaintance up here in the Mid-Realm.  I am not sure
> if it is a hoax or for real but wanted to share.  Anyone in Austin know
> if it will affect the store there?
>
> Moriel***
>
> > >Subject: [gdh] Tandy Leather is Closing All of Its Stores.

If you go to the Tandy Crafts Corporation website, you will indeed find their official notice that they are SELLING
the leather stores.  (go to http://www.tandycrafts.com/tc/TACWEB.NSF/pages/PRSFRAME and look at the press release for 1/8/99 entitled, "Tandycrafts Announces Plan to Close Leather and Crafts Retail Stores")

This does not mean that every store will go out of business -- I called the manager of Austin's Tandy Leathercrafts and he is planning on purchasing the store and continuing to run it as he has been doing overthe past several years -- his store is one of the ones that does make a profit.  It is expected, Tandy offices in Ft Worth say, that a good many of the retail outlets will be purchased by their current managers or by third parties and will continue in operation as usual, selling the same Tandy leather
supplies.  Amazing what you can find out by calling.

Tandy has stated that they will continue with their wholesale mailorder business as well, so you can get your leather, tools, and supplies from them via the catalog, and I think they're going to do an on-line store as well.   What this means is that for those whose Tandy Leathercraft stores close locally, they have to plan ahead -- no running down to Tandy the day before the event to get that leather you need to fix your armor!

::GUNNORA::