ANST - Titles

Sharon P. vivaine at home.com
Sat Jan 30 10:19:49 PST 1999

>In a common-law marriage state, she WOULD be considered your wife.  (I
>don't know if Texas is one, I'm single so it's irrelevant to me.)

We recently checked into this.  We were told, in the state of Texas, if you
want to claim you are common law married to take advantage of insurance,
etc, you must go down to the Court House and request a 'common law marriage'
card.  I forget the cost.  As a result, you are formally married and must go
thru divorce proceedings.  Someone else might get a different story....

Just an FYI.