ANST - for the book-lovers

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Jan 9 23:44:35 PST 1999

On 9 Jan 99, at 7:06, Kati Norris wrote:

> www.octavo.com
>
> Octavo, a company that puts rare books onto CD-ROM's, avoids the sound and
> fury of quick-time movies, computer animation and musical scores. Instead,
> lush printed pages are the bells and whistles of Octavo's elegant,
> searchable, printable, magnifiable renderings of first editions by Milton,
> Shakespeare, Copernicus and other masters of the printed medium.

great catalog ... and recognized a professor's as commentator i took a
related class from many years back.

now if they really want to grab the high ground they need more titles and
wider scope (for example, anyone doing buddhist, zen, oriental titles in
translation ....) plus adding the new downloadable formatting for the
emerging "e-books" (though i suppose you could transfer the CD contents
into the slates memory store yourself

'wolf
.... librarian at heart, love this kinda stuff

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves