ANST - Bungee Ballista?

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:51:06 PST 1999

Howdy all:

For some ideas on building a bungee-powered 'ballista'--

    www.angelfire.com/tx/adod/b.html

On this web site there are also some pointers on making ammunition and
other considerations in fielding artillery.

Please note that actual bungee cords like you'd use to tie luggage to
the top of your car are NOT good for artillery.  Their internal
structures are not uniform, so they don't flex reliably.  If you're
going to do flexible-band type of artillery, latex surgical tubing is
far superior.

Also, the mount design shown on the web page above has been superceded.
Carlyle showed me a much better mount design that I will have up on the
web in a couple of days.  Check the above URL around the end of this
week for a new, easier way to make a mount.

Make projectiles.  Clobber Trimarans.

     Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra