ANST - Manx Garb

Kate&Darryl Arrington strmridr at bunt.com
Mon Jan 18 23:59:38 PST 1999

Re: Manx garb,

First; Manx is what you call the people, products,ect. from the Isle of Mann.the
Vikingslanded on Mann in the 9th century and established town and colonies.
Scottish and English domination of the island didn't start untill 1265. There is
archaeological evidence that dates farming settlements back to at least 4000 BC,
but little is known of those peoples. The Celtic tribes that settled Scotland
started at the mainland. So for the time period you are taking about; you will
want viking garb. Not only have I spent MANY hours doing research on this subject;
but I have been fortunate enough to be able to visit this and many othe Viking
sites in Scotland, Ireland, and England. I am Ansteorran, but at the behest of
Uncle Sam I am living in Germany.
Also, if you are looking for a book that is out of print, I STRONGLY suggest
Amazon.com. They have been very successful in acquiring out of print books for me.
And the don't stop looking until you tell them to. I just purchased one that
Amazon.com looked-for for 8 months. If there is any other info you require, please
feel free to contact me thru Ansteorra.ORG or thru direct e-mail at
strmridr at bunt.com.

I Service to the Dream,
                                    Lady Katla Asyniurdottir