ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Jan 20 14:44:14 PST 1999

On 20 Jan 99, at 16:20, Michael Tucker wrote:

> Now, it's entirely possible that the Web page doesn't reflect the current
> reality. Perhaps the reservations clerk could answer these questions. The
> Web site lists her as THL Kathlene Simonetta, mka Cathy Craft, email
> <mailto:gwarsrsvp at hotmail.com>. The autocrat is Sir John the Pursuwer, mka
> John M. Hill, email <mailto:Pursuwer at worldnet.att.net>; the co-autocrat is
> THL Fianna nic Dhaibdidh, mka Kelley Davidson, email
> <mailto:fianna at mindspring.com>.

having run into exactly this situation in other groups, the "current reality"
should remain the advertised and previously sold reality.  if changes need to
be made, then you make them for *next* event / festival.  if that means some
royalty who did'na get their reservations in on  time, then they tent like
everyone else .... fair is fair.

some philosophical questions  ... in that in this game the royals are assumed
to be the reflections of chivalry and are supposed to be the guiding lights
that the rank-n-file follow and aspire to, does the nature of chivalry allow
knowing acceptance of a billet that was previously "sold" to another and was
emptied for your convenience ... what of the indivual(s) who are now seriously
inconvenienced so that you can be accomodated in better quarters?   ... what
about those who have more of a need of these spaces than you for medical or
family reasons?  ... how about those traveling long distances that can't camp
as easily as a local traveler can ....

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves