ANST - Re: Gulf Wars update

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Jan 21 07:21:05 PST 1999

Last year, Bjornsborg sent in reservations for camping space as a group.  During
the reservation process, it wasn't until I had given up after several emails, and
had gotten someone with  more "alphabet soup" after their name to write, that the
person in charge of space actually acknowledged us.  Then,  on the beginning day
of the war, it turns out that people from outside our group had gone in illegally,
early, and had set up in our spot.  The land-o-crat refused to move these people
who had explicitly broken the rules...but instead put our whole group out in the
boonies where those without land reservations were setting up.  Those of us who
had showed up early were the more mild-mannered members of our group and went
along with his wishes.  The main problem with this is the fact that the land was
so poorly cleared that we had to spend considerable time clearing sharp 3 inch
sticks coming up from the ground from this entire area, in early morning,
sub-freezing weather.  I missed a couple, and have several holes in the bottom of
my tarp and tent as a result.

This current "bumping" of paid people seems like a continuation of extremely poor
decisionmaking on the part of those running the event.

Ly. Isobel Hadleigh
Cadet to Don Kazimir
Bjornsborg, Ansteorra.