ANST - Gulf Wars update

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:10:36 PST 1999

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Karl says:
>As I see it the only thing people should be griping about is that their
>checks were cashed without getting a cabin. <snip a lot of stuff about
getting over it>

I think you're a bit off the mark here, Karl.

I haven't seen anyone say, "I have an inalienable right to a cabin."
Nor do I recollect, "I *have* to have a cabin."

They took our money and cashed our groups checks, thereby signalling
that they had accepted a financial agreement.  Now they tell us they
will *not* support their end of the bargain.  We've paid more than the
folks who reserved tent space, and now we have nothing--no cabin space,
no reserved tent space, nothing.  On top of all that, they tell us that
they lied about the available cabin space.

Yes, I feel the sovereigns deserve special treatment.  I expect a decent
event steward to provide said special treatment.  I do *not* expect a
decent event steward to provide said special treatment by cheating
others out of arrangements they've already paid for.

I do not expect to get a cabin space.  I do, however, think the stewards
owe me a reservation and their assurance that this will not happen
again.

Moreover, I apologize if you find all this squawking about cabins
bothersome, but in my experience the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  If
we all just quietly accept what we've heard from the GW steward, why
should we expect any action?  So, in other words, I intend to continue
to be vocal about this until I'm satisfied tht our concerns have been
adequately addressed. If that bothers you, follow your own suggestion:
get over it.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace