ANST - Tandy Leather heads up!

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Jan 27 08:59:02 PST 1999

Wohlers, Peter wrote:
> you know i do believe I have seen rivets and such at hobby lobby and
> gardenridge. they had tandy labels but if you ever need to run out and get
> rivets you might try there, in the leather crafts section.
> Pieter

I have one minor correction to what I have seen here on the Ansteorra list.

  Only the retail stores in the United States will be closing. Apparently,
  the ones in Canada will stil be open. Bit of a drive though, from Texas.

I suspect that as the use of websites for retail sales picks up, we will
be seeing more and more marginally profitable stores and chains closing
their storefronts and moving to the web as their sole retail outlet.

Alas, for with leather for instance, I like to pick and choose among
the hides rather than blindly accept what gets put in the mail. However,
I have heard good comments about some of the mailorder leather merchants.

Those looking for other sources of leather might be interested in some
of the other merchants of leather and comments about them in this file
in the CRAFTS section of my Florilegium:

merch-leather-msg (18K) 10/10/96    Leather merchants and sources.

My files are at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
stefan at texas.net