ANST - Prophecies & The Retro-Modern Implications

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Thu Jan 28 22:49:26 PST 1999

In service to Ansteorra, and those who have an interest in prediction
of a future (or futures), perhaps I can assist Our Monarch in explaining
why this particular prediction by the Doctor in question is relevant
in our Current Middle Ages....

>> Maybe this is about the scary prophesy...even if it's not, let me
>> ask...what was the context of the quote?  Should we ALL run or just Your
>> Majesties?:-)
>> Gwyneth
> It was in reference to the birth of the Anti-Christ. That was the stanza
> that Nostradamus wrote for the beginning of the end. Some other psychic
> predicted that the Anti-Christ was already born and for the date of birth
> someone looked up anybody famous or in power born on that date and the
> only famous person they could find is Lea Thompson. Be afraid.
>
> Eternal Vigilance
> Gunthar

Perhaps it would help, O King, to provide at least one of the English-
language translations of the quatrain in question:

    The Year 1999, the seventh month
    About this time the great god Mars
    To come [from the skies]
    And reign for the good cause

More about this was covered in my presentation on the subject of prophesy
and attitudes toward same as given before the Collegium Gradium last year.

With regard to this specific Quatrain, there is significant evidence that
the "seventh month" reference may apply more to September than July... with
shift for differences in calendar corrections, this could conceivably be
related to any Crown Tourney or Coronation from June through October
(at least in the SCA context!)

There is substantial cause, presented by some scholars, to believe that
the Quatrain in question may relate to some celestial incident as opposed
to terrestrial events.  Can give a poor bard like myself a headache trying
to compare, balance, and create a synthesis from the available material!

Nostradmus: some scarey stuff, O King.  Including his accurate predictions,
already fulfilled, of the deaths of at least seven or eight personages of
royal rank.  The descriptions of the demise of two Kings of France are
particularly striking ...

(Errr, if Mistress Teleri is listening: please add an entry for this to my
listing in the database of classes if it has not yet been included, with
course title of "To Be Determined: Attitudes Towards Prophets and
Prophecy Pre-1600CE" and minimum ninety minute time requirement,
two hours preferred. No materials cost, [almost] unlimited audience size.)

Amra, free-lance researcher

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (Steppes, Ansteorra)
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com