ANST - period playground equipment?

Bowen wweir at postoffice.swbell.net
Sat Jul 3 19:25:51 PDT 1999

>From Baroness Philippa Rookhaven
The one place I can think of that might have had some sort of organized play
devices would have been a fair. I am thinking about such things as a jacob's
ladder. These sorts of games would not necessarily be restricted to children.
As you can see in the Bruegal painting, the children were using lots of things
as "playground equipment that were not originally meant for that purpose (such
as the barrels). If we wanted to recreate period play equipment, we could use
that sort of everyday implements and convert them with our imaginations as
they did.

Pippa

Jane Sitton-Logan/James D. Logan wrote:

> Bonjour from Madelina de Lindesaye.
>
> My daughter (who will be 7 on Bastille Day) asked me last night if
> swings and slides are period.  Does anyone know where I would even
> start researching this?

snipped

But where do I even start looking?  Has anyone researched