ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law; Was Alexandrian vs. Dance

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Mon Jul 12 09:27:30 PDT 1999

Then Pug said:
>Let me correct what I see as a misconception or atleast some confusion.
>
>Kingdom Dance, King's College, Queen's Champion, Kingdom A&S, etc.,
>are Kingdom events. They are not *protected* events. There are only 2
>protected events, Coronation and Crown Tourney.

I was unclear in my earlier statement. Kingdom Dance is NOT considered to be on
the same level as King's College, Queen's Champion, Kingdom A&S, Academy of the
Rapier/Bow, etc. It is not considered a "Reoccurring Kingdom Event". I've
appended the pertenant section of Kingdom Law, from Article V: Kingdom Events.
The reader will notice that Kingdom Dance is not mentioned below. My earlier
statements about fixing this problem, I believe, are still valid.

Estrill

ARTICLE V: KINGDOM EVENTS

Section 3: Other Kingdom Events

   1.Reoccurring Kingdom events are those major official events which occur
within
     the Kingdom, hosted by various branches within the Kingdom, or by such
persons
     as the Crown and the Kingdom Seneschal shall designate. The Kingdom
Seneschal
     shall be responsible for requesting bids for these events, unless
delegated.
     These events include:
        1.The Kingdom Arts and Sciences Competition
        2.The Kingdom Eisteddfod
        3.The King's College
        4.The Kingdom Warlord Tournament
        5.The Queen's Championship Tournament which is held once each reign on a
          date not later than six weeks after Coronation.
        6.The Queen's Children's College
        7.Academy of the Rapier
        8.Academy of the Bow
        9.King's Lancer
   2.These reoccurring Kingdom events are specifically not protected and may
have
     other events scheduled on the same date.
   3.Any local branch wishing to host a Kingdom event should submit a bid
proposal
     to the Crown, the Kingdom Seneschal, and other Kingdom Officers as
appropriate.
   4.Any branch hosting a Crown Tournament, Coronation, or reoccurring Kingdom
event
     may petition the Kingdom for financial support to aid in preparation for
the
     Event. A branch which hosts a Crown Tournament, Coronation, or reoccurring
     Kingdom event will be asked to contribute 30% of that event's net profits
     the Kingdom.
   5.Branches in the Kingdom of Ansteorra are entitled to hold two Kingdom
Calendar
     events per calendar year. Baronies are entitled to their perpetual event in

     addition to their two Kingdom Calendar events. Regional Calendar Events and

     Reoccurring Kingdom events do not count against a branches limit.