ANST - ATYC Thanks (long)

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jul 12 12:19:38 PDT 1999

We're sure there are going to be tons of posts about this wonderful
event. The Stewards, Cooks, and Staff will, hopefully, recieve the
praise they are due. In fact we're pretty sure that Viscount Galen
is working on his "thank you" letter right now. We certainly hope
he names the names because we can never remember them. But
there are a few people that we would like to give our personal
thanks to.  First is to Ld Ingve, Master Richard and the rest
of the crew who worked on getting the PA system up and running
so we could have court in the airconditioned hall instead of outside
where we insisted it would be if the people couldn't hear. They
wound up driving to Tyler, nearly an hour away, to find the right part
so we could have two microphones. Please, please, please would
someone post the names of the other people who helped with this
so they may be awarded the proper recognition?

To Rumil and Margaret and the folks who sat gate all day and night.
Kein and Badon and the security people; Mara and everyone
else who decorated and made a very mundane hall look
magnificant, those who set up pavilions and cleaned up after
everyone left.

To Clan Firefall, who provided us with the amazing fireworks display on
Saturday night.  We initially turned down their offer to do fireworks
for
ATYC because we didn't feel like we could justify the great expense it
would have been to the kingdom.  So, they paid for the display out of
their own pockets.  Thanks to all of you who bought raffle tickets for
the
chance to light the Star - you helped to defray their costs a little.
We
are overwhelmed by Firefall's generosity, and thank them for adding
something truly special to our grand Twentieth Year Celebration.

As we said some months before, it is the small things
that make an event real. Those who did the "small" jobs like
keeping the paper stocked in the privvies and washing the dishes
are just as important as those with the walkie-talkies who make
the big decisions. Thank you.

To the assorted Barons and Baronesses who came forth to prove
to Lady Alys that she truly deserved to be elevated to the nobility.
Thank you, you blew us away and she was overwhelmed by your
support.

To Lady Catrinn, who provided the food for our stepping down party.
To Lord Erc FitzMungo who provided the party with a keg of Ansteorran
Beer.

To Master Fritz and Lady Chiara who made the spurs that were so
beautiful. To Brendan, who made us each a pair of gloves, and Gisele,
who
spent weeks embroidering them.

To Don Miguel, for the song. We hope he publishes it here.

To all of the people who gave us compliments and good wishes. Those
meant more than any award or rank. We are very happy and humbled
by your words.

For the gifts those noble people bestowed on us we give great thanks.
>From the wonderful bed (I'm sure the pictures of us being carried around

on it in Court will make a few websites. :-{)}  ) to the baskets of
really
cool stuff, my shoes (!), and the beautiful pendant the Ladies of the
Rose
bestowed upon Sara. There were tons more that we cannot name in this
limited space but please know how much we appreciate them. Oh, and
the wonderful painted egg! And the CD of our reign! And...and...well,
you
understand.

We would also like to thank those Crowns who have come before. By
watching
you we had an inkling of what to do. Thank you for the inspiration and
education. To Their Majesties, we thank You as well, for confiring us
with
the Counties but more to the point for letting us turn over the reins of
Ansteorra
with easy minds. You will run this wonderful kingdom well.

To the newest Lion, Duke Kein. Thank you for the inspiration of so many
years.
You made what can be a difficult choice easy.

And finally to the populace of Ansteorra thank you. Being the Crown of
this great
land has never been equalled in all of the things we have done. We have
grown in the
love of this land more than we ever dreamed possible. May we say this
one last time:
Thank you for allowing us to be Crown.

Yours Very Truly,

Count Gunthar Jonsson and Countess Sara Penrose