ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law; Was Alexandrian vs. Dance

Mon Jul 12 12:28:46 PDT 1999

> I'm afraid that I erased the message that quoted the kingdom law, but if I
> remember correctly, it did not say these were the only Kingdom Events.
> Perhaps if it said "such as" or " such as, but not limited to" and then
> listed the events.
>
> Lord Stefan li Rous
> stefan at texas.net

The law specifically states, "These events include:"  Therefore, Kingdom
Dance is neither specifically included or excluded as a Kingdom Event.
Should the Crown choose, they may publish an edict declaring Kingdom Dance
to be a Kingdom Event in accordance with the law and it joins the list of
events.  Since there is nothing outrageous in such a decree, I would not
expect opposition from officers, populace or BoD.  No petition is necessary,
unless the Crown wishes to refrain until petitioned.

As Kingdom events other than Crown Tourney and Coronation are not protected,
adding Kingdom Dance to the list does not resolve the problem of scheduling
Kingdom Dance opposite the Alexandrian Symposium.  That requires better
co-ordination in the A&S community.

Bear