ANST - ATYC Thanks (long)

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Jul 12 13:12:06 PDT 1999

Galen here, with just a few comments...

>We're sure there are going to be tons of posts about this wonderful
>event. The Stewards, Cooks, and Staff will, hopefully, recieve the
>praise they are due. In fact we're pretty sure that Viscount Galen
>is working on his "thank you" letter right now.

Quite right, but it'll take a bit of time.  I'll be sending
it to the _Black Star_, and probably posting it to the website.

We certainly hope
>he names the names because we can never remember them.

I intend to.  This letter will be as much a research paper,
because so many people joined in on-site; as I knew they
would, and counted on them.

>But
>there are a few people that we would like to give our personal
>thanks to.  First is to Ld Ingve, Master Richard and the rest
>of the crew who worked on getting the PA system up and running
>so we could have court in the airconditioned hall instead of outside
>where we insisted it would be if the people couldn't hear. They
>wound up driving to Tyler, nearly an hour away, to find the right part
>so we could have two microphones. Please, please, please would
>someone post the names of the other people who helped with this
>so they may be awarded the proper recognition?

Those would be Lord Niklas Vasilievich, from Raven's Fort, and Lord
Raimond George de Mora, from Elfsea.

<snip>

>As we said some months before, it is the small things
>that make an event real. Those who did the "small" jobs like
>keeping the paper stocked in the privvies and washing the dishes
>are just as important as those with the walkie-talkies who make
>the big decisions. Thank you.

I couldn't agree more.  What he said.

>To all of the people who gave us compliments and good wishes. Those
>meant more than any award or rank. We are very happy and humbled
>by your words.

It's nice to see I wasn't alone in this.  Gunthar & Sara, you were
a good King and Queen, and I hope you'll do it again sometime.  Rain
notwithstanding.

- Galen of Bristol
(who likes seeing Gunthar back to writing "yers")