ANST - Alexandrian vs Dance

C. L. Ward gunnora at bga.com
Mon Jul 12 14:01:09 PDT 1999

Amerinda said:
> Wow, I never considered that the Alexandrian Symposium
> would be more interesting to attend than Kingdom Dance,
> but if it so interesting that it is drawing so many from the
> Dance then I guess I should find out more about
> it, I could always dance later...

It all depends on where your interests lie.  The Alexandrian Company
Symposium on Religion in the Middle Ages will be a series of one-hour
lectures given by various Ansteorran researchers.

This will be very much like attending the Texas Medieval Association
conference -- presenters and attendees alike will be dressed in your comfy
clothes, and you have a chance to find out information about a variety of
topics related to religion, including:

Pilgrimages - Lady Radegunde of Tours
Relics and Reliquaries - Lady Radegunde of Tours
The Albigensian Heresy - Baroness Kate Sommerfield
The Bogomil Heresy - Mistress Xene Therianos
The English Settlement 1561 - Baron Llewellyn
Sex in the Orthodox Church - Don Kazimir
Food in Russian Orthodoxy - Lady Predslava
Catholic / Orthodox Schism - Lord Jovian Skleros
Sacred Space in Viking Law and Religion - Mistress Gunnora
Celtic Spirituality - Lord Ihon
Celtic Religion  - Mistress Mari ferch Rathyen
Alchemy: Science of Faith - Master Cynric of Bedwyn
Dissolution of the Monastaries - Master Thomas of Tenby

If none of these topics seems particularly interesting to you, well, then
in all likelihood the Alexandrian Symposium is probably not what you'd want
to attend.  It looks to me from the class list that those interested in
Russian and Greek personas are going to have a field day, as a llot of the
classes center on information of use to those folks, but the range of all
classes is pretty wide, you could find many classes that will appeal to
folks of any persona.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva, OL
Baroness to the Court of Ansteorra
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)