ANST - Kingdom Dance & the Law; Was Alexandrian vs. Dance

Mon Jul 12 16:17:16 PDT 1999

> Decker, Terry D. (TerryD at Health.State.OK.US) said something that sounded
> like:
> > These events return 30% of the net profits to the Kingdom
>
> They are "asked" to contribute 30%. They are not required to.

This is one of those "polite requests" that translates to a directive.  If
you aren't willing to help fund the Kingdom from a Kingdom Event, the powers
that be can  find more willing souls.

Actually, many of the people who have done a Kingdom Event are pleased to
donate to the Kingdom.  It is a measure of how well you have done the event.

There is also a section about division of the spoils up in the Exchequer's
section of the law.  It applies to events which have Kingdom funding.

> > and do not count against a group's Kingdom Calendar event limit.
>
> You know. I've always heard and believed that, but I can't find it in
> Kingdom Law.

The limits on Calendar Events and the fact that Kingdom Events do not count
against this limit are in the section of Kingdom Law pertaining to events.

> > Defining them in Kingdom
> > Law insures that everyone can know which events meet these requirements.
> In
> > this case, a little verbosity makes life simpler.
>
> Not that much. If someone petitions the Seneschal/Crown to host a
> Kingdom event, it is a Kingdom Event no matter what is written in Law. I
> don't think they should be limited to be "reoccuring". This would not
> affect the donation of 30% to the Kingdom either.
>
> Ciao,
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is

A Kingdom Event is defined by Kingdom Law.  The events listed happen to be
re-occurring, usually on an annual or semi-annual basis.  For an event to be
a Kingdom Event, the Crown could proclaim it to be a Kingdom Event, in which
case it would be a Kingdom Event for their reign, or they could publish the
proclamation in the Kingdom newsletter, in which case, it could be a Kingdom
Event in perpetuity, or until changed by another Crown.

The Kingdom Seneschal might declare that an event is a Kingdom Event, but it
won't hold water unless the Crown agrees.

What listing re-occurring Kingdom Events does is provide no grounds for
argument that the event is a Kingdom Event, whether for scheduling, venue or
donation.

Bear