ANST - Re: WR - XXth Event

debbie andrews galiena at juno.com
Tue Jul 13 18:33:38 PDT 1999

Unto My Dear Cousin:
I am not sure who received what awards, the Stepping Down and Stepping Up
were both beautiful, and emotional.
My most cherished memory?
After it was announced that a family from North Keep had lost everything
in a house fire, and we were passing the hat to help out, I started
gathering monies from the people in the group I was in. After taking it
to the table I noticed HL Eleanor (who had been asked to take money as it
came in) was sitting at the table crying. The mass of people trying to
give her their money was overwhelming. I was able to make it over to her
and begin to help. Ansteorrans were giving from the heart; there are two
things that stand out. One was when the young man who had lost all sat
down at the table while we were counting. He laid his head in his hands
and stammered that he could not believe that strangers were helping his
family like this. I looked at him and told him that he knew no strangers
in Ansteorra, only family.We as a family gathered over $3000. not
counting items donated! The other was when a Kind Gentle came to the
table and emptied out  his pouch and told us that he had enough money to
get him home, that was all he needed, he gave the rest. These are the
memories that I will carry in my heart. Not the fighting,  the A&S, the
beautiful clothing, the wonderful feast, or the rain. Tho all of it was
terrific and worth remembering (okay, except the rain). I will remember
how  we as Ansteorrans pulled together and helped out our brothers and
sisters in need.

I Remain in Service to this WONDERFUL Kingdom
HL Galiena Gruenstien
Kingdom Hospitaler