ANST - Pennsic Bulletin July 14, 1999

PW 28 Media Relations pw28media at minstrel.com
Wed Jul 14 04:43:11 PDT 1999

Pennsic Performing Arts Center
Greetings from Baron Midair MacCormaic, Performing Arts Coordinator for
Pennsic XXVIII.
I am pleased to invite all of you to participate in the second year of the
Performing Arts Center at Pennsic.  The Center is housed in a large tent,
located in the merchant area near the food court, and contains a low 16'x24'
low stage, complete with areas for dressing and backstage crossover
capabilities.

The Pennsic Performing Arts Center will be host to an exciting program of
activities.  In the afternoons there will be daily performance exhibitions
for soloists and groups, and we hope to be having a full program of group
presentation of music and theater in the evenings.  Everyone is welcome to
sign up for the exhibitions and evening performances!

The most up-to-date information can be found at:
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/charles/activities_info/perform.html

The aim of the daytime afternoon exhibitions is to celebrate our various
arts communities throughout the Known World, both solo and group efforts -
vocal, instrumental, prose (bardic tales, poetry, acting), dance (both
Middle Eastern and European), and the Faire Arts (magicians, jugglers,
puppeteers, etc.).  The exhibitions are for any and all gentles interested
in displaying their talents.  There are no ratings, rankings, or prizes -
just a sharing of the diversity and talent in that particular art.  We only
ask that you limit the time of your performance so that others will also
have an opportunity to perform.

We are specifically look for: singers, dancers (European and Middle
Eastern), instrumentalists, bards, poets, jugglers, magicians, jesters,
actors ... all performers!!  The daytime exhibitions can be done by
individuals or groups, and you can talk with everyone after your show for
feedback and comments.  This is a great opportunity to meet people with your
interests!  You can sing just one song if you like, or show one magic trick.
What you want to do is up to you.

Evenings are for pre-arranged entertainment programs and must be applied for
in advance.  If you are a group that is interested in being all or part of
an evening's program, please contact me.  I am particularly interesting in
hearing from consorts, madrigals, chorale, and other musical groups which
can handle a program of at least one half hour in length for being a part
of evening concert programs.  I am also interested in hearing any other
suggestions for evening entertainment and in hearing from gentles who
would be willing to help organize an evening.

On-site rehearsal time for those groups will be provided during the morning
of the day they will be performing.  Any group requesting to use the theater
is of course agreeing to be responsible for maintaining the good condition
of the site after their use. **There are still spaces available, especially
for Monday and Tuesday night of the main war week!!**

I look forward to hearing from interested participants. And remember,
performing is empty without an audience, so please, even if you don't
perform, come and watch a show or two and visit some of the exhibitions!
- Baron Midair MacCormaic
(Charles Cohen)
Performing Arts Coordinator
theater at pennsicwar.org

Pennsic War 28 Media Relations Office media at pennsicwar.org
Pennsic War Email Deputy pw28media at minstrel.com

For the most up-to-date information on Pennsic War 28
visit the web site at http://www.pennsicwar.org/