ANST - ANST XXth

BenLee or LizLee enaZ at ih2000.net
Tue Jul 20 12:27:37 PDT 1999

 Countess Tessa, Bordermarch, pondered...
       To Excellency Xene, Pearl-Girl, your earlier response was so
dear... I'm glad you got to meet my primary Lady Silena.

 HL Angus Duncan Cameron did ask for a cherished memory from XXth.
         "A memory is many-faceted."
         ~The immediate love offering for those who met with disaster...
         ~Chivaalry lives (not that I doubted it)!
         ~Two personal treasures I thought to be lost were retreived;
 "Somewhere" on security patrol early on, I lost from a ribbon around
 my neck the often-worn olive wood cross given to me by Sir Henri.
 Whomever the gentle was that found it, turned it in to lost-and-found.
 You have my thanks!  Please let me know who you are...
 And Dona Leah gave no thought to readily digging with me through
the     trash, item by item (uuuuueeeuuueeecccch), and retrieving a
cherished
 irreplacable ring given to me long ago by Mistress Aislinn and Sir
 Ricardo de Pisa...
	~The gallanty of Airaklee Wolf...
        ~Making new friends, and meeting many faces to match with
corresponding names...
         ~Finding hunger and determination in the spirits of newbies...
         ~Sir Galen's call for a quiet moment of reflection on those
 who have gone to the by and by (and that roll call within my heart)...
         ~Getting acquainted with Mistress Ellis; then, her words from
 the microphone, of the future springing "in our children"...
         ~The reading of letters of SCA acclaim from each State
Governor  of Texas and Oklahoma!
         ~The moment at the gate when the count surpassed 1300 on site!
         ~Noticing un-countable volunteers and workers everywhere;
 being so pleased with the % of Bordermarch populace holding areas of
 responsibility and service at ATYC...
         ~WHAT A FEAST !
         ~WHAT A PYRO-TECH display!
         ~The intense beauty and practicality of the arts displayed...
         ~...being a Security Deputy on Duty, making sure gentles
 felt "secure" :> Thanks for the cap-de-jour, the yellow XXth A Muck.
Thanks for the DoD paper, Sir Badon.
         ~Kindnesses in the marketplace...
         ~Hearing Lord Johnathan Grantham's poem... (Thanks, again)
         ~Thoroughly enjoying "Lion in Winter!"  Thanks, Mistress Roz
 and Sir Finn, et al, troup!
         ~Seeing Baroness Gwenneth wearing her Madonnas of Ansteorra
bracelet...
         ~Browsing the history display, visiting w/ Baroness Philippa,
 and receiving the July '77 Two Towers cartoon of our little son, now
 departed, Kirkwood Mountain-Gate inspecting armour, with the famed
 war cry, "Coke, Please!"
         ~The "count down" of 20 years (surprised as the old Aten flag
 was marched in), looking into some wet eyes of the women and men of
 yesteryear adn today; with our son Lord Zain ap Simonn of Amber-Gate
(born into the society, approaching his 21st birthday) standing among
 us dinosaurs...
         ~Reunioning with the Family Du Cleremonts, speaking of the
Eternal Kingdom...
         ~Being told quite a few times that fighters still remember
receiving their Shakey Knees paper in Bordermarch...
         ~...resting securely that surely the new Mountain-Gate tent
 was secure in the rainfall...thanks to Ld Siamna and Ly Marguerite.
         ~Observing the beautious retiring Queen Sara's "sigh in
relief"  with a smile, at the moment King Gunthar removed the Queen's
Crown...
 (...remembering having had a very similar reaction)
        ~Unquestionably:
         Between Her Majesty Sara's descent from the throne and Her
Majesty Octavia's coronation, when Her Grace Duchess Willow placed
briefly in my care,
 the glistening new Crown of the Queen of Anstoerra ... and all
 that was thereby represented...
         ~Chatting with Don Tivar Moondragon of the regard held of
 swash today in the knowne worlde!   The Knowne Worlde!!!!!
         ~Her Grace Alecia reminding me to remove my leather mask (made
 in HL William Blackfox's characiture "fawn" image) in the nick of time
 for the Ladies of the Rose to move into the Royal presence...
        ~With the courteous Lord Lucas and the ladder, taking down
banners and tapestries from the great hall, reminiscing, identifying
 them for folks who asked...  the incredible beauty of the painted
 hangings...
         ~Standing field-side as Ld Zain (who does a little light
 weapons training), for the very first time, go onto the heavy field,
 wearing his sire Count Simonn's heavy armour... appropriately versus
 Squire Aaron.  I watched my baby go onto the heavy field and I watched
 a fighter come off!  I watched my beloved grey-bearded Simonn grin,
 with pride!
         ~Standing with Count Barn and Countess Kat, Sunday, reflecting
 on having presented Barn his AoA...
         ~At the landeds' luncheon, passing the traditional poisons...
 (chocolates) among endeared ancients and recent hats... feeling like
 everybody's great-grandmother...
         ~Looking at Sir Henri's astonished face, watching Her
Stellar    Majesty Octavia place Her personal baldric across the heart
of Sir
 Henri (our former squire)...
         ~Being just uncontainably proud of Sir Galen and Sir Burke
 for delegating and pulling off ATYC!

 Regrets:
 ...The absence of His Grace Duke Jonathan, and other former crowns;
 ...missing out on obtaining a copy of the blue song booklet;
 ...missing Master Richard's vigil;
 ...messages from home that cars broke down: folks couldn't get there;
 ...running out of film...
 but images are hidden within, of a magnificient gathering, unparalled
 in Ansteorra. Vivat! Ans-tr-o-r-r-r-a! Greater things are yet to come!