ANST - Refusing an Award?

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 22 14:01:44 PDT 1999

>     Just as example, I'd like mention one of our locals, Michael FitzRaymond of
> Twin Cedars.  This gentleman has been in the SCA for 26 years (membership #1500,
> I just saw it before XX year).  He's been a seneschal, heavy marshal, guild
> leader, walking group history book, and plenty other things.  He's the active,
> hard working sort that is deserving of much but who will accept nothing more than
> a heartfelt 'thanks'.
>
>  I, for
> one, think it most admirable to serve something without accepting, or expecting
> anything.  It kinda touches a 'noble virtue' cord with me because

> David St. David, Raven's Fort

It is a pity nobody told us of this gentle when we were Crown. I think we would have

liked to call this gentleman into Court and given him a gift of thanks and
appreciation.
If he wouldn't accept an award I would hope he would do the Crown the honor of
allowing them to thank him with a small token.

Yers,

Gunthar