ANST - heavy fighting + heat...

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 08:22:38 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/26/99 9:54:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
macphile at balista.com writes:

<< Greetings from a timid yankee tenderfoot newbie who wishes to
 heavyfight...only one problem. HEAT!

  Many years ago, when I came to this fair kingdom from Calontir,  I wore
almost all metal armor.  After about two years of turning my self into a
medium to well done hamburger, I started to strip down to Ansteorran minimum.
 Once I did that, my mobility and endurance increased and my water intake
decreased.  However, it took a trip to Pensic, to show me just how well
adjusted fighters in this kingdon have become acclumated to the heat.  On a
90 degree day with regular humidity, most of the other kingdoms ( notice- I
said most- not all ) fighters were dropping from the heat while our
Ansteorran Army just kept running around  everybody else ( remember the
celtic death spiral, Duke Kein? ).
  I guess the point I'm trying to make is to start out slow, build your
endurance and tolerance, force lots of fluids- no beer or colas, and know
when to sit down an take a break.  No one in the kingdom is going to ridicule
you for showing good common sense.  Follow these suggestions and you'll do
just fine.

    Baron Bors of Lothian
    Baron Loch Soilleir
    Beautiful Loch Soilleir- where the temperature is always hot and the
humidty
                          always gives 100%