ANST - Still checking if this is a hoax or not, but read this and shiver.

Sara Bairrington katri4684 at surfree.com
Wed Jul 21 22:45:16 PDT 1999

>Subject: FW: Read this...PLEASE!!!
>
>This is really horrible, but if it's true then we all need to be very
>careful...
>
>Subject:  This is not a joke. Important Information
>
>This story came from the  "Daily Texan" - the University of Texas
newspaper.   Apparently it occurred during Fall Premier-a UT tradition that
is a  celebration of the end of midterms.

>"Reason not to party anymore".
>
>This guy went out last Saturday night to a party.  He was having a good
time, had a couple of beers and some girl seemed to like him and invited
him to go to another party.  He quickly agreed and decided to go along with
her.  She took him to a party in some apartment and they continued to
drink, and even got involved with some other drugs (unknown which).   The
next Thing he knew, he woke up completely naked in a bathtub filled with
ice. He was still feeling the effects of the drugs, but looked around to
see he was alone.  He looked down at his chest, which had "CALL 911 OR YOU
WILL DIE" written on it in lipstick. He saw a phone was on a stand next to
the tub, so he picked it up and dialed.  He explained to the EMS operator
what the situation was and that he didn't know where he was, what he took,
or why he was really calling.  She advised him to get out of the tub. He
did, and she >asked him to look himself over in the mirror.  He did, and
appeared normal so she told him to check his back.  He did, only to find
two 9 inch slits on his lower back.  She told him to get back in the tub
immediately, and they sent a rescue team over.

>Apparently, after being examined, he found out more of what had happened.
His kidneys were stolen. They are worth 10,000 dollars each on the  black
market.  (I was unaware this even existed.)  Several guesses are in  order:
The second party was a sham, the people involved had to be at least medical
students, and it was not just recreational drugs he was given.  Regardless,
he is currently in the hospital on life support, awaiting a spare kidney.
The University of Texas in conjunction with Baylor University Medical
Center is conducting tissue research to match the sophomore student with a
donor.

>I wish to warn you about a new crime ring that is targeting business
travelers. This ring is well organized, well funded, has very skilled
personnel, and is currently in most major cities and recently very active
in New Orleans.

>The crime begins when a business traveler goes to a lounge for a drink at
the end of the workday.  A person in the bar walks up as they sit alone and
offers to buy them a drink. The last thing the traveler remembers is
sipping that drink, until they wake up in a hotel room bathtub, their body
submerged to their neck in ice. There is a note taped to the wall
instructing them not to move and to call 911.  A phone is on a small table
next to the bathtub for them to call.  The business traveler calls 911 who
have become quite familiar with this crime.  The business traveler is
instructed by the 911 operator to very slowly and carefully reach behind
them and feel if there is a tube protruding from their lower back.  The
business traveler finds the tube and answers, "Yes."  The 911 operator
tells them to remain still, having already sent paramedics to help. The
operator knows that both of the business traveler's kidneys have been
harvested.

>This is not a scam or out of a science fiction novel, it is real.  It is
documented and confirmable.  If you travel or someone close to you travels,
please be careful.  Sadly, this is very true.  My husband is a Houston
Firefighter/EMT and they have received alerts regarding this crime ring.
It is to be taken very seriously. The daughter of a friend of a fellow
firefighter had this happen to her.

>Skilled doctor's are performing these crimes! (which, by the way have been
highly noted in the LAS VEGAS area).  Additionally, the military has
received alerts regarding this.  This story blew me away.  I really want as
many people to see this as possible so please bounce this to whoever you can.
>Michele Shafer - DML/Lab Administration
>Medical Manager Research &  Development
>15151 N.W. 99th Street
>Alachua, Florida  32615
>Tel. (904) 462-2148
>Fax (904) 462-1505
>
>Is this not one of the scariest things you have ever heard of? PLEASE
forward this to everyone you know.