ANST - Re: heavy fighting + heat...

Alex of Middleford macphile at balista.com
Mon Jul 26 09:32:29 PDT 1999

----------
> From: Ledonna <tavy at swbell.net>
> To: Macphile at balista.com
> Subject: heavy fighting + heat...
> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:37:11 -0500
>
>Greetings and welcome to heat!  Be very careful and drink lots of
>water.  And take a lot of breaks until you are use to the heat.  I
>practice (rapier)at night during the worst part of the summer. We don't
>wear the heavy metal but we can't have any exposed skin so it's just as
>bad.  Oh by the way there is no winter in Stargate.  Where are you
>located?
>
>Delphina

Delphina,

I live in Middleford (Killeen, Texas). I can tolerate heat, to a point..I'm
also an avid mountain biker and
swimmer. I was just asking for other people's advice for fighting heavy in
heat....my first fight, I almost died, and not
from the slap shot across the exposed thigh. I didn't know a person could
sweat so much. It's not the heat, it's the humanity...   :o)