ANST - hairstyles in period

ruth &david blake tegan at swbell.net
Tue Jun 1 19:44:56 PDT 1999

Does any one know of where I can find references for period
hairstyles? I would be interested in any european or middle eastern
references that fit within the SCA time period.
I have been researching portraits so far.  If you have any sites or
books you know of that might help me out I would appreciate it.

Also I read once that a roman historian talking about the celts said
both the men and women wore thier hair shoulder length, I have no idea
when or where it was I read it, was I just dreaming or has anyone
else read that.
I was also told that for some reason in the middle east hair is braided
in three, five or seven braid never an even number. If anyone knows if
this is true and what the signifigance is I would love to know.
Tegan