ANST - Re: Kingdom Warlord Event

BenLee or LizLee enaZ at ih2000.net
Mon Jun 7 20:41:13 PDT 1999

> >> Who is Kingdom Warloard?
 > >> Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of
 > >> Ansteorra

 ========Warlord remarks from Simonn
         Congratulations to Centurion Aseoph Hearts for winning the
day.  May he be the Crown's strong arm in combat and in war!
The day waxed warm as Ansteorran fighters and visitors gathered before
Gunthar Rex and Sara Regina and Their Highness, Daffyd and Octavia.
Though numbers were slight, the fighters lent the contest a spirited
challenge.  When five teams remained, one commanded by a visiting
Trimarian, the captains themselves were bid fight until their number was
reduced by one.  Bordermarch's Lord Stiamna singlehandedly took out the
Trimarian as the remaining team captains patiently looked on.
	Through a variety of skillful scenarios which included ravine and
castle assaults, combatants shared a day-full of fighting.
Bordermarch's Lord Alric, squire to Sir Badon, drew words of
commendation from the King as Babesquare led the charge that secured the
castle mount and spurred his force to claim the victory.  All in all, it
was a grand day for fighting.  Following Warlord competition, individual
bouts continued.  Centurion Meguel, Bordermarch's baronial champion,
noted that the last three fighters on the field at the close of the
day's fighting were Bordermarchers or Bordermarch-trained fighters.
         In addition to combat involvement, helpful non-com workers
provided a means of rehydrating and refreshing for everyone interested,
including Lady Valencia's ever-present water bearers; Mistress Tessa,
Dona Leah and Ld Daffyd Mortemer's cooling "rain wall"; chilled citrus
quarters for everyone; Lady Deona, Lady Marguerite and Mistress Tessa's
cooled luncheon, and Mistress Charla and Lord Charles's splendid summer
feast of several removes.  Arts display was handled by Lady Silena. The
site showcased several new period tents, several with period
furnishings. Assistance to the autocrats was given by many working
together, including neighboring Greywood, to whom we remain grateful.
         We in Bordermarch aim to assist everyone who comes here to have
a good time--whether in setting up and/or breaking camps, in seeing to
preferences as well as needs (where possible), in presenting an
esthetically pleasing site, in sharing information, or in making new
friends.
         We commend Sir Badon and Dona Leah as Event Crats;  Sir Henri
as
Fighting-crat; Mistress Charla and Ld Charles for the satiating and
plentious feast, timed to the sauces; and Lord Stiamna and Lady
Marguerite for their period tent raffle, (blue and white, French bell)
won by a gentleman who purchased only one ticket, Stephen Hoke of La
Porte.  There were numerous activities for the young children to do and
learn with guidance of our capable MoC, Isabella, while merchants shaded
themselves and worked at their wares.
         In Bordermarch, hospitality flowed. (My gentle Tessa would have
it no other way!)
         One spear was left behind the front table at feast, between the
tiki torches.  It is safe, packed with care, here. The identity of its
owner is unknown to me at this moment.
                                 In service to the Crown,
                                 Sir Simonn, Vicar of Bordermarch