ANST - Final Call for Papers

C. L. Ward gunnora at bga.com
Wed Jun 16 10:43:47 PDT 1999

The Alexandrian Company Symposium on Religion in the Middle Ages will be
held in Gates Edge August 21 (near Houston, TX in Ansteorra).

This is the final call for papers.  If you are interested in presenting a
class, don't wait any longer!  Get your class proposal in to Mistress Mari
ferch Rathyen (kmoon at texas.net) before the end of the coming weekend.

At the present time, we have a fascinating slate of classes lined up.  A
few include:

Sacred Space in Viking Religion and Law
Celtic Christianity - Its Origins, Theologies and Legacies.
Catharism and the Albeginsian Crusades
Sex and the Orthodox Church
Alchemy: The Science of Faith
The Business of Pilgrimages
The Bogomil Heresy
Catholicism and Orthodoxy: the Schism

If you have never attended an Alexandrian Company Symposium before, we try
to maintain a high-level academic symposium.  We concentrate on historical
topics, rather than hands-on or how-to classes.  The website is
http://www.realtime.net/~gunnora/symposium/  -- the new material isn't in
place yet, but you can take a look at prior symposium information, and in a
few days the new information should be available.

The classes are presented and attended in everyday street clothes so we can
be comfortable while learning, and also to encourage real-world academics
to not only attend but on occasion to present for us as well.  There is
usually a revel or feast after the classes in the evening, and this is in
full costume.

If you would like to present a paper for the Symposium on Religion, please
send your proposed class title, and a list of a few of your proposed
sources, to Mistress Mari ferch Rathyen <kmoon at texas.net> immediately.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva, OL
Baroness to the Court of Ansteorra
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)