ANST - Restrictions on Reigns

Jane Sitton-Logan/James D. Logan jesl at netzero.net
Tue Jun 22 15:40:05 PDT 1999

Bonjour from Madelina de Lindesaye.

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes wrote:

> By original definition, a knight is expected to enter Crown Tourney. A
> duke, by prerogative of having won the tourney twice, may choose not to enter.
>
> Aethelyan Moondragon
> Bryn Gwlad

Thank you for that explanation.  But to take it a bit further, what is the point
of allowing Dukes to fight in a Crown Tourney, only to have them withdraw before
the tournament is completed?  It seems to me that the only point to that is so
they can beat down someone who might otherwise advance a bit further, if not win
outright.

Madelina de Lindesaye
Elfsea/Loch Ruadh