ANST - sca words

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 06:33:32 PDT 1999

>From: CADET1313 at aol.com
>To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
>Subject: Re: ANST - Eldern XXI
>Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:25:29 EDT
>
>In a message dated 6/22/99 6:51:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
>montomorency at hotmail.com writes:
>
><< As for the words like dragon and farspeaker, I like them.  I'd much
>  rather hear those words than the mundane words they refer to-car and
>  telephone. What were those called in the middle ages? Maybe you'd like to
>  give me a more authentic word!
>
>                     Extremely annoyed and on my way to populace,
>              Lady Celeste
>   >>

>How about ..... "car"?  it is a period term. or sedan.   as for the phone?
>Well how about you "called apon him/her"? Or you could have just simply
>spoke
>to the person
>
>Lord Pieter Rausch

ok. how about these:
car - wagon
telephone - town crier or just crier
children - children
radio - music box
cooler - food box
and so on.
if you want to be very period, you can use words for items that did the same
(or similar) things that the modern things do now. if you don't care, modern
words will do. just be prepared to recieve the wrath of the purist.
km