ANST - New Subject - Sniping

Vicki Marsh Vicki_Marsh at administaff.com
Wed Jun 23 10:15:25 PDT 1999

Greetings, Ansteorra,

After attending a wonderful King's College, I was wondering what everyone
else thought of "sniping", that is, attending someone else's class and
butting in constantly, or the non-instructor taking over the class from the
instructor.

I have to be very careful not to do that myself, having been guilty of it in
the past.  Sometimes, we are overcome with enthusiasm and want to add to the
instructor's words.  It is not usually intentional, but is usually seen as a
challenge to the instructor's knowledge.

How would you as an instructor handle a "sniper"?

How would you handle the situation if you were a student?

Is it different if the sniper is a Laurel?  Or a non-laurel, but respected
in the field?

Just food for thought....(or is it throwing a new bone to gnaw upon?)

Mistress Xene

"Life is Good in Ansteorra!!"