ANST - need for kings

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 12:57:26 PDT 1999

>From: "Mark.S Harris" <rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com>
>To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: ANST - limits on reigns
>Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:55:33 -0500
>
>Sir Kief wrote:
> >
> > Heilsa Stefan...!
> >
> > You have asked questions:

let's face it folk. the king is just a focal point. the flag the troops
rally under. the shiny armour we hold up and aspire to fill. the king is the
one we endow with all the ideals of the game. we want them to perfect. just
like it was back then.
but it's the seneshals who do all the work. they sign all the checks. they
answer all the questions. they write all the reports. they are the ones
responceble for everything.
so does it matter who is king. no. we need a king to keep the dream alive.
but it's the seneshal who makes it all run right.
don't get me wrong. i have nothing but respect for the status quo. if i were
a heavy fighter i'd want to be king. heck, i don't fight heavy and i still
want to be king.
but that doesn't change the fact it's the seneshal with the real power. just
like it was back then.
km