ANST - Sniping in Classes

Steve Hughes shughes at vvm.com
Thu Jun 24 13:55:57 PDT 1999

Dear Mari,
 In regard to helping novice presenters, please do so. At King's College
I was a bit shaken on doing a Introduction to Bardic for Beginners for
the first time with one student,  Darius of the Bells, a Brass hat and
another late comer of note. I realize that they were just curious and
did not know me. They were all very nice, but I really would have
appreciated some warning that I might have celebrity drop ins. I am an
experienced school teacher and trainer of adults, but was not prepared
for the appearance of such worthies. My concern was to encourage other
non-drama majors and shy people like myself to participate in bardic by
letting them know what to expect at informal bardic circles and formal
bardic competitions. I appreciated the discussion about snipping.
Pamela Hewitt, the Harper