ANST - restictions on reigns

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Fri Jun 25 14:27:06 PDT 1999

>    He might be testing the mettle of fighters in the list. He has the
right..in my opinion the responsibility..to make sure that the winner truly
has what it takes. If you are going to fight, fight the best. You will
never improve with easy fights, but every duke I have ever fought has
taught me something. If you would be King you should be fighting as well as
those dukes, if not better.

>Ivan the Hedgehog

I rather think that's the responsibility of the Crown. The Crown can
consult with the dukes, counts, and knights, but that consultation doesn't
have to be done during the list on the field. After all, we're choosing the
Crown's successors, not the duke's. If the duke feels he must "make sure
the winner truly has what it takes," meet him in the finals!
Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad