[Re: ANST - Restrictions on Reigns - a question to ponder]

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Jun 18 07:12:17 PDT 1999

It seems to me that the problems that reign restrictions
are intended to solve are not endemic to all kingdoms.

We know that in Atenveldt, for instance, Trelon and
Brian traded the throne back and forth, letting no
one else rule, for several years.  I don't know what
effect this has had on the kingdom (and to those of
you many Atenveldters and former Atenveldters on the
list, whom I well love, I hope you will permit me
to remain blissfully ignorant), but I don't seen why
Ansteorrans should be punished.

I think it might work to have some sort of trigger,
say if 5 consecutive crown tournies are won by no
more than 2 people, then such a rule might be imposed
by the Board on that kingdom for a period of 5 years.

Ansteorran rulers have certainly had their faults,
but destroying the kingdom by masochism has never
been among them.

- Galen of Bristol
Viscount, KSCA, Pel., etc.