ANST - Eldern XXI

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Jun 18 10:29:25 PDT 1999

Celeste de Montomorency wrote:

> HaHaHa....
>   Forgive me GENTLE sir, the local gentry of this barony " Eldern " have
> picked this word as a slang term for our beloved children. It  was and still
> meant as a term of endearment. We like it much more than halflings..
>                                 Sincerely,
>                                 Tishere &
>                   Lady Celeste Courtenay de Montmorency

Halflings??? You cut your children in half? I'm not sure what good half
a child is good for (or half an adult for that matter) unless it is perhaps
one of those thievin' Scots that keep swipping my cattle. :-)

Yes, I think smalls is a better term than halflings for children. However,
what is wrong with "children" my Lady? It is a perfectly good period term.
Sigh. Next you know there will be a push to get rid of feastocrat, nastycrat,
troll, farspeaker and other made-up SCA words. :-)

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
stefan at texas.net