ANST - Courtesy in conversation and a farewell

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:54:51 PDT 1999

>From: Jerry Dreifuerst <morganson at hotmail.com>
>To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
>Subject: ANST - Courtesy in conversation and a farewell
>Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:46:07 PDT
>
>Greetings Ansteorra,
>Othar here.
>
>It has been mostly enjoyable until now, but my desire to continue
>subscribing to this list has passed.  Recently the number of replies
>including the entire previous message have grown tiresome
>

>Yes, yes, I know many of you are at work and are too busy during the day to
>take the time to edit your messages.  But if you don't have the time to
>edit
>your replies, then I (multiplied by hundreds of readers) am forced to.
>
>I'm sure there are those of you out there who agree with my ideas, if not
>necessarily my way of saying them.  I'm sure there are many who disagree as
>demonstrated by the many unedited response postings appearing these days.
>

>To the many friends I have made through this list, thank you.
>
>I remain in service to the Society as,
>Othar Morganson
>Stargate, Ansteorra
>morganson at hotmail.com
>
>        or
>
>Jerry Dreifuerst
>Houston, Texas
>jerryd at neosoft.com

i hate to say this, but i have to agree with othar. it's gotten to the point
i read the subject line so i can delete those i'm tired of. and more then
once i've deleted all the messages in my inbox. some of us will beat a
subject to death and still keep beating it. and some arguments are petty.
but the worst part is one person calling another names over symmantics. or
precived definitions of words. or latching on to a word or phrase that was
used but is not the meat of the message. and when someone says or does
something someone else on the list strongly disagrees with, the kid gloves
come off. then the offened person thinks they have the right to say things
ten times worst then the other person with immunity.
now, i know some of you aren't going to like this. and i know some of you
are going the write angry posts to me. but sometimes one of us has to stand
up and point out what is wrong before it can be made right. and i hope we
all start thinking before we write. and then edit ourselves. and maybe we
won't loose any more not just from this list, but from the dream.
km
sorry. my spell check's not working. hope i didn't mis-spell something.
km