ANST - Bananas and Historical Accuracy

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Jun 19 12:43:52 PDT 1999

On 20 Jun 99, at 14:01, K.C. Moon wrote:

> No offense meant to Diarmaid, but I like bananas.  They're cheap, easy to
> transport, most people like them and they're a good source of potassium
> which sweaty people, esp fighters, often need.

not to mention being easy to get through the helmet grills ... though a fencing
mask would be interesting (g)

> ...  unless you want to come leaping into a crowded pavilion brandishing a
> shriveled black slimy slug-like thing,

now there's an image, assasination by banana-ninja's ... of course this would
start a arms race of 16ton weights, tigers, and the ever non-popular hand-gones
... me, i'll save them for the yougurt or to mash up and mix with teh rum-
concoctions at end of day when that "island state of mind" takes over (and
before anyone asks, i am not now, nor have i even been a member of the parrot-
head party ... though been to a few memorable ones)

though the brandisher could simply be mad ... a very period state of mind what
with all teh heavy metals, pollutants, illness, bad nutrition, etc ...

> shouting "Look what I pulled out of the King's midden heap!  Now I'm gonna
> eat it!"  That alone could ruin the cachet of bananas for centuries; and
> might have, for all anyone knows.

in our reality, aren't they more properly porto-middens ???  any road, suddenly
the idea about finding some lunch isn't as immediate as it was  ...

> ... I think we have more pressing concerns than public consumption of
> bananas.

wasn't there recently a attempt to ban the public consumption of bananas at the
BOD level by the SCA insurance carriers ... something about not willing to
cover the liability for possible damages caused by falls resulting from
slipping on the skins ????

'wolf
... you'll get my bananas when you can pry them from my cold dead fingers

The SCA! The SCA! (It's only a model) ... Let's not go there, it is a silly
place.

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)