ANST - limits on reigns

Pat Mullins padric at astrosfan.net
Mon Jun 21 23:13:53 PDT 1999

More tuppence...
The only king in Ansteorran history that a restriction on reigns would have had any effect on would be Duke Inman. I do not know Duke Inman, but I have only ever heard good things about his reigns as King. One of the things I have heard is that without Inman as King (in his 5th reign) in 1991 Knowne Worlde response to the "Milpitas Meltdown" (as someone called it)would not have been as forceful, swift and sure. If not for the horror stories posted to this list from other kingdoms of abuses by the Crowns, one might almost wonder if the BOD proposal was an attempt to prevent a strong, effective, experienced Crown from being on any throne next time Milpitas decided to meltdown...
On the other hand, under the proposed restrictions, Duke Inman would be eligible to compete in Crown Tourney if he so chose, and would have been eligible for a couple of years...
Padric   (v8

Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net and have the chance to win a free laptop computer!