ANST - limits on reigns

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Jun 22 17:39:43 PDT 1999

Rebekah, LoR declared:
> I feel the test of the Crown List is sufficient.   No further dictates,
> mandates, or restrictions are required.

I'm curious. Why do you feel the test of the Crown List is sufficent?
What is the test? Do you think it proves leadership ability? Does it
prove the ability to work with others to get things done? Does it
indicate any knowledge of the Middle Ages and the SCA other than
armored combat? Does it prevent a small minority from monopolizing
the decision making?

It is a pretty unique method for choosing an organisations leaders and
has worked reasonably well, with only a few failures in this kingdom
and others, but it can be improved. I am loath to say we should throw
it out as I've not seen any alternatives I like better.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net