ANST - Eldern XXI

SiobhanON at aol.com SiobhanON at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 13:49:43 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/22/99 11:50:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
sirlyonel at hotmail.com writes:

<< Refering to children as "smalls" makes you look ignorant and foolish,
 >especially to
 > >outsiders. >>

This is totally ridicules. In England today a man refers to his underwear as
pants, as opposed to trousers as his outer garment. I have never referred to
my underwear as smalls. A bikini is smaller than my underwear. And in garb,
underdresses and chimises are not that small. And would a lady or gentleman
speak about their underwear in public? As a newby to the SCA, I usually find
these strains quite comical. However, the above kind of response makes a
person "look ignorant and foolish."